Uniformly clear labeling
Emergency instructions at sea
To comply with applicable regulations, mandatory information needs to be provided on the emergency instructions as follows:
- As a minimum, the notifications must include information on muster stations and essential actions to take in an emergency.
- The “you are here” position must be shown and primary as well as secondary escape routes must be marked by arrows, properly oriented for each posted location.
- The emergency instructions and “you are here” plans may be provided on one notice or alternatively, in separate parts.
- Instructions on donning lifejackets being provided in the form of the lifejacket manufacturer’s donning instructions are to be included.
- The instructions should be in English and other languages appropriate to the principal nationalities carried on the route of the ship.
- The information to the installed Low Location Lighting System(LLL), which is requested on passenger vessels, can also be integrated in the notice.
Marahrens offers custom made emergency instructions made from different materials and different styles to comply with SOLAS regulations and to blend in with cabin design.